The Tri-State Chinese American Chemical Society (CACS) 2012 Annual Symposium will be held on Saturday, June 16, from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM, at Busch Campus Center, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ (Address: 604 Bartholomew Rd, Piscataway, NJ 08854). The symposium is co-sponsored by the Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy, Rutgers University. Registration (www.tristatecacs.org) is free and open to all professionals and students in chemistry and related fields. Complimentary breakfast and lunch will be provided to all symposium participants.
The theme for this year’s symposium is “A New Paradigm for Innovation and Reinvention in Chemistry”. We are living in a world that is changing rapidly. For a business to survive and thrive, it must constantly innovate and reinvent itself. Chemical and pharmaceutical businesses are no exceptions. Prominent speakers at the upcoming CACS Annual Symposium will share their wisdom and perspectives on the challenges and opportunities we chemists face today. Confirmed speakers for the symposium include:
1. Bassam Shakhashiri, Ph.D., 2012 President, American Chemical Society,
"Creativity and Innovation in Science across Borders"(5 min Video).
2. Mark VanArendonk, Ph.D., Vice President, Analytical Chemistry in Development and Supply, Merck & Co., Inc, "Technology to Meet the Needs of Patients around the World"
3. Bob Maughon, Ph.D., Lead R&D Director, Dow Wolff Cellulosics, The Dow Chemical Company,
“How Dow is Innovating to Address Global Needs in Health and Nutrition”.
4. Sue Feng, Ph.D., Vice President, Relvon.
5. Matthew D Stephens, Ph.D., Chief Technology Officer, Voltaix, LLC.
6. James Boyd, Ph.D. Vice President of Regulatory Affair, Sanofi, “Change: How to Survive and Thrive”
Yuguang Wang, Ph.D. Senior Vice President, Discovery Chemistry, ChemPartner,
“The Transformation of China CROs in Today’s Drug R&D Environment”
During the symposium, a vendor exhibition will be held in parallel to the podium presentations. There will be plenty of social and networking opportunities. Several companies will post job openings and collect resumes at the symposium. In addition, a career consultant from ACS will provide career advices on-site. For more details and updates, please visit our Tri-State CACS website at www.tristatecacs.org.
We invite you to join us for a Saturday of discussions, learning, and networking. Travel directions can be found at http://rumaps.rutgers.edu/location.jsp?id=C70908. Free parking is available in lot 51 on Bartholomew Rd., adjacent to Rutgers Federal Credit Union and across from the Busch Campus Center.